Close
One second...

THREADDIES (#5) - Your weekly dosage of Threadless: UNSCRIPTED.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ CHECK OUT PAST ISSUES: [ #1| #2 | #3 | #4 ] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHRISTIAN'S WORD OF THE WEEK

NUMINOUS
(NOO-muh-nuhs, NYOO-)
(adjective) Supernatural, mysterious, or awe-inspiring.

EXAMPLE:
Everyone swore that the numinous beard of Charles Festa had a life of its own.

THREADLESS TAKES OVER SINGAPORE!!!

On Nov 10, 2012 - Threadstaffers Jake, Josh and Craig held one of the biggest Threadevents to date in SINGAPORE! The three were shocked by the amazing turnout and can speak of nothing besides how awesome it was. Good times and good company.

"There were a couple of thousand people that showed up at the Singapore event! It was madness, probably the best Threadless event of all time!" - JAKE NICKELL

I mean, just look at this line..

“The Threadless trip to Singapore was amazing. We knew coming into it that we ship more product to Singapore than any other city in the world, and that our artist community is strongly represented in this region. But the strength our community and fans showed during our trip was unexpected - it blew us away.” - JOSH NICKELL

Here are some fellow Threadartists that showed up! (Photo Cred: Marco/Ivejustquitsmoking)

(Left to right) Tang (Tang Yau Hoong), Anwar Raffie (haha.sg), Aaron Thong (Agrimony) Josh Nickell (nickelljosh), Darius Cheong, Craig (shimala), William Chua (xiaobaosg), Marco (ivejustquitsmoking), Chow Hon Lam (Flying Mouse) and Jake Nickell (skaw)

"Where do I even begin... The people of Singapore were so amazing. I would be even as bold to call it one of the best Threadless events EVER! If my estimates are correct we had somewhere around 1200 people stop by to mix, mingle and get their new custom Threadless tee screen printed in front of their eyes. Stay tuned for a little recap video on the site sometime this week." - CRAIG SHIMALA

Attendees were also given the chance to SCREEN THEIR OWN SHIRTS, choosing from 8 awesome designs created by Threadless artists. Overall, an incredibly successful event, and judging by Jake, Josh, and Craig's reactions, I can bet that Threadless will be back in Singapore in the near future.

More of Marco's photos here!

DEAR LIDIJA
Every week, the amazingly talented Lidija aka celandinestern answers a question posed to her by a community member

TheInfamousBaka asks: How can I stay motivated within Threadless? Cuz this shit gets frustrating sometimes!

Haha, if you figure out a fireproof way let me know.

Yes, Threadless can bring on serious bouts of frustration, self doubt and general artist misery and downheartedness. It’s a very big playing field now, with a distressing density and diversity of talent, and inevitably most of us will see most of our pieces limp through scoring and proceed to sink softly into oblivion. Here are a few techniques for battling those self-doubt demons when they come for you:

Keep getting better - if you keep subbing at a reasonable pace, you’re probably noticing that your subs are slowly improving. Remind yourself of this fact whenever you’re feeling down about not having had a print in the last three years. Look at how much better an artist you are today than you were three years ago, and just imagine how much you’ll improve in the time to come. At one point they’ve got to start loving you, right? :)

Always focus on the next piece - they asked one film director which of his films was his favorite, and he said ‘The next one.’ That is the best attitude for Threadless subs. If you’re anything like me, you get a total high from seeing a piece come together and getting it ready to send off to scoring. Try to maintain that high by always having some exciting new project up your sleeve. Once they go off into the scoring machine, they’re no longer your babies - let them stand on their own, move on and focus on the next great thing. Leave no time for melancholy.

Give yourself time - taking a break from Threadless is not necessarily a crime. Be it a week, a month or a year, if you feel it’s getting to be more pressure than fun, go air your ideas a little and focus on other things - archery, cookery, debauchery - name your poison. A change of pace can recharge your batteries. Soon enough you’ll get a new idea and you’ll come back, with your best work ever.

ARTISTS OUTSIDE THE BLOGS
I had the honor of attending the ADC: Young Guns event in NYC on November 8th, where multiprinted artist, Phil Jones became the newest inductee into the 10th YG class. Phil was one of only 34 selected artists to be chosen for this award.

You might recognize two of the pieces on his display ;)

Big and well deserved congrats to Phil!!

NEXT MEETUP: WINEBOCONNNNNNN 4!

Official signups for Winebocon4 - an annual Threadless meetup run by Threadless Ambassador, Priscilla aka valorandvellum is now in motion! Love Wine? Love Meetups? Love Beach parties thrown by Craig? WANT TO WATCH RANDY/iR0CKO VOMIT NONSTOP? (Me neither! NO blarfing allowed!!) --- SIGN UP NOW! This year's Winebocon will take place in Santa Barbara, CA on February 16, 2013!

GO SIGN UP NOW!!

FLASHBACK!!!

...Remember when Threadless heartbreaker JUBLIN placed the millionth Threadless order in 2007?!

...NEXT WEEK! A BRAND NEW COMIC BY WEARECAREFUL + JEFFREYG!

WANT TO CONTRIBUTE SOMETHING TO THE NEXT ISSUE? EMAIL THREADDIES@GMAIL.COM

Watch this
randyotter3000
randyotter3000 profile pic Alumni

YOU GO GIRL, LOVES THIS!

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

OMAIR'S MOVIE REVIEWS WILL BE BACK NEXT WEEK, DON'T WORRY ;D

taz-pie

Wooohaaaaaaaaah

taz-pie

I want all of jublin's tshirts!!!

...cos they will still smell of him n_n

skaw
skaw profile pic Staff

great issue :)

YaaH
YaaH profile pic Alumni

jeffreyg

:D thanks everyone! glad you like!

*added links to previous issues as per AGRIMONY's suggestion.

Twiggyhall

Very nice, Jeffy! :)

WarDrobeInSpareOom

I don't think Mike and I are ever going to do that interview thing.

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

Another great issue! :-D

Love the addition of the past issue links.

ir0cko
ir0cko profile pic Alumni

WINEBOCON!

ir0cko

way to update the winebocon description. no blarfs.

jeffreyg

drunkie!!

valorandvellum
valorandvellum profile pic Alumni

Hooray for winebo-con!!

jeffreyg

will there be BEER though? :o

littlem

wineBACON!!

murraymullet
murraymullet profile pic Alumni
3 designs submitted - Score now!

I dedicate everything to JeffreyG

Goldendust

Top notch reporting skills, guys!

shirtflirt

this is this!

jeffreyg

is this this?

shirtflirt

it better be, i put five on it

jeffreyg

better get a refund

Twiggyhall

will there be BEER though? :o

There will be if I come!!

palitosci
palitosci profile pic Alumni

Great issue! :)

Chipmnk

Oh man, I remember when that happened to Justin. And then he was like "T-shirts? Whatever, man." and crashed a helicopter into a pile of t-shirts.

littlem

remember the "everybody dance now" contest? i do. lolol

ivejustquitsmoking
ivejustquitsmoking profile pic Alumni

Way to go Jeff, awesome issue yet again! (and I'm glad to be able to contribute somehow :p)

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

superawesome, it's great to see photos from events like the singapore one and connect faces to names!!! Lovely stuff!!!

jeffreyg

:D thanks guys!

thanks to all contributors too! especially lidija for whos done a question EVERY week!!

tragos

woop woop!

that event looks awesome

jeffreyg

i agree. i gotta sneak into craigs suitcase next time

micheleficeli

Wow @ that event in Singapore! Looks like it would have been great to attend. It's also a great thing to put faces to names of some of the best artists around here.

Great stuff all around.

jeffreyg

cheers michele :)

agrimony
agrimony profile pic Alumni

Come back soon threadless! I'll see if I can get a shot of my custom silk screened tee and post it up here

agrimony
agrimony profile pic Alumni

also, thanks Jeff!

Andreas Mohacsy
Andreas Mohacsy profile pic Alumni

i feel like i'm back in the loop, huuuuuzah!

jeffreyg

:D

ir0cko

WHERE ARE THE MOVIE REVIEWS?

No account?
Join Us